Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Headless Axeman

Ian from New York sent me this story of a guy with an axe who lost his head...literally!

Hey Jason,

Have I got a story for you!

So, once when I was like 7 years old, I was in my room one night in the cabin that my family owns in the Catskill mountains. I woke up in the middle of the night to a sharpening axe sound. I stared up from my bed, just to see a glowing white body holding an axe in a swinging position. But there was something weird about this guy. He was headless!

I tried to scream for help, but I was paralyzed by fear. That guy started to swing the axe. I braced for impact. But then the axe guy just disappeared, leaving a glowing residue of some kind of ectoplasm on the floor.

I did some research and it turns out there was this guy named Jacob Alexandra back in the 1800s who was a traveling lumberjack. He fell in love with a woman named Eliza Jones. Eliza moved away because she was engaged to a banker who lived out in the western United States. Jacob was never the same after that. One day, he was cutting down a tree in the forest when he accidentally missed the tree and cut his own head off with the axe.

I was totally freaked out. How about you?

Sincerely,
Ian

I am certainly freaked out, and I'm guessing Jacob was too!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow,
i would freakout if that happened 2 me!!!

kshae said...

wow!!! that was freaky!!! if that happpend 2 me i would freak out!!

Mitsu-Chan said...

That is cool, and freaky. At least he couldn't see you!

Anonymous said...

Scary but cool. i think i saw something like that too. totally lucky!!! i would love to see something like that!!!

Anonymous said...

How do you miss a tree and chop off your head? It's really unusual and sort of cool. I can't believe the women he loved was engaged to another man! I would be mad if my boyfriend was cheating on me, but I wouldn't KILL myself.

Anonymous said...

This story is totally freaky. I mean what an unusual event!

Anonymous said...

on the amazon product review iposted the scariest day of my life. GO SEE